Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ribbit Ribbit....Frog Transsexuals love to hop

So I was listening to NPR on the way to work the other day and heard quite the interesting story. Azatrine, a commonly used pesticide in field crops has been shown to cause sexual mutation in frogs. It increases the production of estrogrn in cells, causing male frogs to produce eggs instead of sperm, and in come cases produce ovaries.
Azatrine is outlawed in Europe, but still used prominently in the U.S. So if you didn't have enough reasons to buy organic, well here's one more.

But wait you say! I am a lady, so I don;t care. Au Con trier Pierre!!! Increased estrogen production has been shown to cause breast cancer in women and prostate cancer in men. But don't worry, when you get cancer, the company that produces and sells Azatrine also created a drug to treat cancer. See, they were able to figure out how to suppress cells from producing estrogen, which they produced into a drug to treat cancer. So they are making money from both ends of the spectrum.

This poor guy is probably having PMS right now!
Photobucket

3 comments:

Janalu said...

Please update your links to my new blog and Katch's is not working
PS that frog thing is gross

Janalu said...

Uh oh yeah about that coffee, sorry I can't, I spent all $3.50 on a childs cocoa.

Don't You Know Who I Am said...

I am re-posting this on my blog & dedicating the information from you!