Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters



We watched this movie last night and I loved it!

This documentary follows Steve Wiebe of Redmond Washington.After getting laid off he started playing Donkey Kong in his garage. After finding out that Billy Mitchell had held the all time top score in Donkey Kong since 1982 Steve decides he wants to beat it. He finds patterns in the game and practices. Billy Mitchell was an arrogant jerk who was like some lord of the nerds! Billy refuses to show up at any gaming competitions to compete against Steve. Weiner!

Twin Galaxies is the official association that reports arcade game high scores. They all bow down to Billy Mitchell and seem to try everything they can to protect his high score.

I won't ruin the ending for you, but check it out. It's great for nerds, geeks and everyone else!

2 comments:

Don't You Know Who I Am said...

I want to get a shirt that says team Wiebe!
I also would like to stalk Billy Mitchell.... hide out in a bush.....and sneak attack cut his mullet off. Or maybe kick him in his balls.

Jessica said...

I want to run my fingers through his elegant mullet. Then punch his lights out !