Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dinner: My Arch Nemesis

Everyday. It taunts me. What is for dinner? What are you making for dinner? What do you have in the fridge? WHAT ! WHAT ! WHAT!

Let's just say at our house, it isn't new American cuisine. It's more like what can I make with 4 ingredients or less. We're talking spaghetti, tacos, salad, soup, and most frequently Subway. Those sandwich artists know me by name.

On Tuesday I had a plan. I was feeling gutsy. I pulled out the crock pot and stared it down. Oh, it knew what it was in for. I was gonna make bbq chicken sandwiches. I was gonna make some dinner, planning ahead even! Good by chicken, you will be simmering on low for 8 wondrous hours!

I put all the ingredients together and headed out the door. I felt good. I just freakin made some dinner people!! I knew when I got home it was going to be soooooo delicious.

Fast forward to 4:30 pm. I get this text "Hey babe. Thanks for making dinner, but you forgot to plug it in."

Needless to say we split a foot long turkey from Subway.

God.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

So funny! I'm sorry that happened to you. I hate hate hate dinner too! I hate to think of it, I hate to make it, and unless it is breakfast food - I hate to eat it!

Janalu said...

I used my crock pot but didnt start it until like 5 and the pork roast wasnt done till 9. Needless to say we had a late dinner, but it was super duper good.

Hair Goddess said...

This sounds like something I would have done and/or have done... This is why we are best friends, because of our cooking skills